Romans: Live by Faith
Sermon #29 | All We Need is Love
Romans 13:8-14 | Todd Malone | September 20, 2020
Paul continues to describe what it looks like to be transformed by God. In the final verses of chapter 13, Paul shows that a transformed person is obligated to love every person God brings into their lives.
- A Debt of Love [13:8]
- Because it is the Righteous Life [13:8-10]
- Because it is the Urgent Life [13:10-14]
The Principle: You cannot separate love from righteousness.
Implication: The pursuit of righteousness starts with love.
The Point: Look for ways to pay your obligation to love others.
- Study: I will rewrite Romans 13:8-14 in my own words.
- Practice: I will identify five people I can pursue for greater unity.
- Practice: I will identify how to pursue the good of these five people.
- Pray: I will pray each day this week that God will deepen my love for these five people.
- Why should the coming of Christ motivate us to love others?
- Why is sinning not loving another?
- How do you think our culture defines love? How is the definition different from a biblical understanding of love?
Next Week’s Passage: Romans 14:1-12