The Road to Easter
Sermon #1: The Road into Jerusalem
Luke 19:28-40 | Slade Rinehart | March 14, 2021
- Jesus was steadfast in his mission of redemption. 
- Jesus was in control. [29-34]
- Jesus declared himself King. [35-38]
- Jesus refuted those who rejected his kingship. [39-40]
The Point: Jesus is the King!
- I will praise the Lord Jesus for being the King.
- I will ask the Lord to show me where I am opposing his reign in my life.
- I will tell someone one thing that stood out to me from this passage.
- I will look for ways to help others know that Jesus is the King.
For Reflection and Discussion
- Look at Mark’s account of the triumphal entry (Mark 11:1-11). Why do you think Mark includes details that Luke doesn’t and vice versa?
- Many of Jesus’ followers wrongly expected him to physically take control of the nation from the Romans. How do our expectations of Jesus differ from who he is and what he’s doing?
- What does enthusiasm for Christ’s kingship look like in your life?