Sermon #4 | Love | Matthew 1:18-2
Todd Malone | December 20, 2020
The fourth week of Advent focuses on God’s love. Matthew 1 records the birth of Jesus, which is God’s loving pursuit of us. His love for us invites us to believe and praise God.
God’s love is on display at Christmas…
1. In His Plan
2. In His Presence
3. In His Provision
The Point: Jesus’ birth was God’s love in the flesh.
Implication for Today: Believe and Praise God.
· Believe: I will trust that Jesus is God’s provision for salvation.
· Believe: I will trust that God loves me despite everything I have done wrong.
· Praise: I will commit to turn away from what I do that is wrong.
· Praise: I will commit to becoming like Jesus.
· How does Christmas show God’s love?
· What does it mean to believe that Jesus is God’s provision for salvation?
· How can a person’s life be an act of praise to God?