Live by Faith
Sermon #35 | Crossing Bridges
Romans 16:1-16| Todd Malone| November 1, 2020
Paul continues his conclusion to the book of Romans by greeting people he knows or has heard of. This was a standard part of a letter in Paul’s day. But this section of greeting should not be overlooked. It reveals important details of what God is doing in the church.
The Passage’s Point: Paul greets a church that challenges society through its unity.
1. Crossing Bridges in Membership
2. Crossing Bridges in Responsibility
3. The Church’s Disruptive Unity
The Principle: Build disruptive unity.
The Passage’s Point: Paul greets a church that challenges societ through its unity.
Implication for Today: Challenge and confront our culture through our unity this election.
· Study: I will rewrite Romans 16:1-16 in my own words.
· Repent: I will confess and repent of ways I make others feel unwelcome.
· Believe: I will trust that God can use my efforts at unity to confront and challenge our culture.
· Follow: I will respond to the social media posts that disagree with me with effots toward unity.
· Who would feel out of place or unwelcome at FBC?
· What are ways that Christians try to challenge and confront our culture?
· How could Christian unity challenge and confront our culture?
Next Week’s Passage: Romans 16:17-27