2nd Peter: Grace and Knowledge
Sermon #5 | Thrive 2 Peter 3:14-18 | Slade Rinehart | January 31, 2021
In the previous passage, Peter assured believers that Jesus will return to judge the ungodly and rescue his people. In today’s passage, he wraps up his letter byencouraging us to thrive in our relationship with the Lord Jesus.
- Make every effort to know Christ. 
- Thank God for graciously delaying Christ’s return. [15-16a]
- Be on guard against error. [16b-17]
- Increase in your experience and knowledge of Christ. 
The Point: Grow in Christ.
- Do you think that the Lord wants us to be fearful that we may not be found by him? Or, to put it another way, does the Lord want us to have assurance of our salvation?
- Peter mentions that some of what Paul wrote is hard to understand. What passage or verses havereally puzzled you in the past? Did you find understanding or are you still puzzled?
- What are some ways that you can give glory to Christ at work this week? At school? At home?