2nd Peter: Grace and Knowledge
Sermon #4 | Second Arrival 2 Peter 3:1-13 | Slade Rinehart | January 24, 202
The Bible calls the return of Jesus our “blessed hope.” The passage of time and cares of this world tempt us to think it will never happen, but the Spirit reminds us in this passage that the Lord’s return is certain.
- Ungodly people deny the return of Jesus. [1-7]
- Jesus will return to bring judgment, so God is patiently delaying that day. [8-10]
- The return of Jesus should shape the way we live. [11-13]
The Point: You can be sure that Jesus will return – he will judge the ungodly and rescue his people.
- What helps you keep in mind that pursuing the Lord is more important than pursuing temporal things?
- Is there anything in this passage to help a believer experiencing despair over a long-lasting trial?
- What are you most looking forward to in the new heavens and new earth?
Next Week’s Passage: 2 Peter 3:14-18