2nd Peter: Grace and Knowledge
Sermon #2 |Trustworthy 2 Peter 1:16-25 | Slade Rinehart | January 10, 2021
Can we be certain that the message of Christ is really true? Peter answers this question by pointing to the testimony of the apostles and the testimony of the Old Testament Scriptures.
- The message of Christ is based on apostolic testimony. [16-18]
- The message of Christ is based on the Scriptures. [19-21]
The Point: The message of Christ is true – the apostles and the Scriptures confirm it.
Personal implication: You can trust the message of Christ.
- I will thank the Lord that he is true and trustworthy.
- I will commit to reading God’s Word on a regular basis.
- I will tell someone what I learned (or was reminded of) from this passage.
- Every follower of Christ experiences doubts about the gospel. What doubts have you experienced and how has the Lord helped you through them?
- Why do you think the Father spoke his affirming words to Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration?
- What things hinder you most from reading and studying the Bible? How could other believers help you overcome those hindrances?
Next Week’s Passage: 2 Peter 2:1-22