Fellowship’s Guidelines for On-Campus Sunday Gathering
We are glad we can Continue to gather together in person on campus.
We continue to monitor further developments. If there is evidence of substantial community transmission of COVID-19 in Gregg County (where hospital beds or local ICUs are becoming overwhelmed), we will halt our on-campus meeting.
If someone known to be in our Sunday Gathering has developed COVID 19 then we will notify the church and seek guidance from the local health department and medical professionals regarding how to proceed with meeting.
As community transmission of COVID-19 decreases to minimal or none levels, we will begin to offer more weekly programs in-person, including children’s ministries, life groups, church fellowships, and reduce the distancing levels of our Sunday Gatherings.
We will continue to practice appropriate social distancing as we meet at 10:30 AM on Sunday Mornings for our Sunday Gathering.
We will continue to follow these guidelines for our On-Campus Gathering to be “touchless”:
- We encourage everyone to wear masks in love for others and to keep them healthy in the Sunday Gathering. Please bring a mask if you have one. We will have cloth masks sewn by people in FBC available if you would like one.
- Regardless of how you dress or what you wear (a mask or not), we welcome all to our Sunday gathering.
- Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before worship begins to allow us time to sanitize properly. Upon arrival, please enter the sanctuary. Do not gather in the foyer.
- Children in 1st through 6th grades will check in at the Kids’ Place desk for kids church in the Loft and/or Kids’ Place.
- Please sanitize your hands as you enter the worship center
- Please welcome one another from a distance of at least 6 feet and avoid physical contact with those that don’t live with you.
- Chairs will be marked off; please sit in the rows without tape.
- Please allow only one household per grouping of chairs.
- To help maintain social distance with those who are seated near you, please plan to remain in your seat through the entire Sunday Gathering.
- At the end of our Sunday Gathering, please place the mask you borrowed in the bins near the doors as you leave.
- Do not linger in the Worship Center at the end of the Sunday Gathering. The sanitization team needs to begin sanitizing immediately.
- Upon exiting the worship center, please do not spend time in the foyer area.
- If you would like to pray with any of our pastor-elders, they will be available for prayer outside after the gathering.
- Please exit through the same doors you entered.
- If you are not feeling well, running a fever or have a cough, please stay at home.
- There is a separate area marked off for our at-risk worshippers to gather on the left side of the auditorium.
- We highly encourage members of at-risk groups to stay home and enjoy our online service.
- The online service will be a live stream of the in-person Sunday Gathering at online.church
- At-risk groups include those over age 65, and those with chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, chronic heart disease, severe obesity, diabetes, chronic kidney disease, liver disease, or anyone with a weakened immune system.
Additional measures in place to ensure a safe environment:
- We will have no nursery, preschool, or youth groups on campus.
- 1st-6th grade will meet in the Loft and/or Kids’s Place during the 10:30 worship gathering.
- The Worship Center and bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized between each Sunday Gathering.
- Instead of passing offering baskets, you can give to the church through the app, online, or through the giving boxes in the foyer.
- We will not hand out bulletins and sermon notes. A digital bulletin is available on our website: longviewfbc.com, and you can find out more information on our app.
- Coffee service will be closed.
- Water fountains will be closed.
- All buildings and the outside playground will be closed except for the Worship Center.
- Small Groups and Life Groups will continue to meet remotely.
- Families are encouraged to worship together.
- Changing stations are available in the bathrooms. We ask that you sanitize after use.
We are all trying our best to be welcoming and hospitable safely through much prayer and searching for insight from God’s Word, the collective Elder Board, and Executive Committee and medical science. Please give us and one another grace as we seek to work hard through this difficult and challenging time.