From Pastor Todd Malone
FELLOWSHIP EASTER SCHEDULE
Easter weekend is not a big deal because we are busy; we are busy because it is a big deal. God’s grace, mercy, and love, as well as His justice, wrath, and holiness were all on powerful display. The resurrection was the declaration that death is defeated and new life is found in Christ. Life would be completely hopeless and meaningless if it were not for the events we celebrate on Easter weekend. It is a joy to celebrate together as the family of God.
- Good Friday Service
- Time: Friday, March 30, 6:00pm
- Location: Sanctuary
- NOTE: We will celebrate communion at the Good Friday Service, not Sunday morning.
- Childcare is provided through 23 months of age
- Family Celebration
- Time: Saturday, March 31, 10:00am
- Location: FBC (all over the place)
- Families will walk-through the Easter story, skillfully acted by FBCers
- Kids will enjoy an Easter egg hunt and a ton of games
- Easter Sunday
- 7:00am – Sunrise Service the Commons between the buildings
- 8:00am – Fellowship Breakfast in the Gym. Bring food to share.
- 9:00am – First Service [No Life Groups]
- 10:30am – Second Service
One of the applications came directly from something God has challenged me with recently. Asking the Lord to work through me has been a regular part of my morning prayers for years. I have been challenged to add to that prayer. At the end of the day, I ask the Lord to help me review the day to see how He worked in and through me that day. The point is to become more aware of what God is doing in my life. The more aware I am, the more likely I am to talk about Him to others, go to Him in dependence, and thank Him for His grace.
How to pray for FBC, our community, our world
Staff is in high gear preparing for Easter. Please pray that everything gets done. Especially pray that we find the necessary workers for childcare during the Good Friday service and to help run activities during the Family Celebration on Saturday.
How to pray for our community and our world
Let’s pray that the gospel is boldly and clearly proclaimed in East Texas and around the world this weekend. I am praying that people will see the wonder and love of Jesus and come to know him for the first time. I am praying that believers will be reminded of God’s grace and the new life found in Jesus and will know him better.